Remodeling a kitchen is a big decision that impacts your current and future quality of life. In fact, most homeowners want to enjoy their homes. Here are some facts on how long it takes to remodel the average residential kitchens.
Planning and Design
The planning and design phase can last for a few days or a few months, depending on what you want and how confident you are in your choices. You need to make sure that you are totally comfortable with the final design before moving past this stage. If you aren’t sure what you want or jumped in too quickly, this planning and design phase could last quite a while. However, never let a contractor push you through this stage if you aren’t ready.
Gathering Materials and Products
Depending on the materials you want to use, they might have long lead times that increase the amount of time that your kitchen remodel will take. Custom cabinets, for example, can easily take 3-4 months to build and ship to your home. Even semi-custom cabinets can take over a month to arrive. Depending on the products you use, prepare to wait a while for everything to arrive.
The Remodel Itself
Once the kitchen design is set and the process is beginning, expect to cycle through the following phases:
- Removing the existing kitchen and evaluating everything left behind (about 2 days, depending on how much damage there is and any bumps in the road)
- Marking electrical outlets, light fixtures, and any appliances (about 1 day)
- Setting up and installing mechanical aspects like HVAC and plumbing (about 5 business days)
- Insulation, drywall, priming, and flooring (anywhere from a few days to a week and a half)
- Cabinet installation, countertop fabrication, and installation (this can take about 10-14 days, depending on the installation process)
- Finishing the interior (1-2 days)
- Installing electrical fixtures and cleanup (2 days)
Beautiful Residential Kitchens from Rock Tops Fabrications
Rock Tops Fabrications uses the latest technology to ensure that your new kitchen is designed, cut and finished exactly how you want it. We have over a decade of experience and have been constantly improving our services and offerings to meet the diverse needs of our customers. If you are in the Maryland, D.C., or Virginia area and looking for a beautiful new remodeled kitchen, give us a call at 410-363-4257. For more information and tips on making your home your own, follow us on social media at Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+, Pinterest, and Houzz.